GIS Tools, Applications, and Other Data Resources
Tools, Extensions, and Applications
- I&M Web Mapping Tools
- NPS GIS Theme Manager
- AlaskaPak Toolkit
- NPS Soil Tools
- Metadata Tools
- Coordinate Transformation Wizard for Microsoft Access databases (must have ArcGIS installed)
Other Helpful Data Resources
- NPS GIS
- Remote Sensing in the NPS
- FWS Landscape Conservation Cooperatives
- Data Basin
- Science Base
- Geo.data.gov - the largest web-based source for maps, government data, and geospatial services - over 400,000 (primarily geospatial) datasets from 172 agencies across the Federal government. Harvests NPS Data Store records.
- USGS National Geospatial Program - access to the National Map - an Interactive map service for national geospatial and topographic information map-making making tools and data sets
- USGS EROS Data Center - Search gateway for remotely sensed data.
- USDA NRCS Geospatial Data Gateway - Spatially enabled searching of USDA data including soils and the National Watershed Boundary Dataset.