- How to Create Metadata Using ArcGIS 10.0 (.pdf) - provides step by step metadata guidance
- EPA Metadata Editor (ArcMap versions 9.x - 10)
I&M Database Metadata Extractor
About the Microsoft Access Add-in
- Separate versions available for MS Access versions 2000, 2003, 2007, and 2010.
- Automatically harvests entity (table) and attribute (field) metadata from MS Access databases, including domains
- Allows the user to edit and review the harvested metadata and make batch edits
- Allows the user to export metadata to a FGDC-compliant XML file
- Exported XML can be used in the Metadata Tools & Editor either by:
- opening the exported file to start a new metadata record or by;
- using the exported file when updating with template to fill section 5 of an existing metadata record
- This tool replaces the harvester functionality of the Dataset Catalog
Please direct questions, comments, and requests for new functionality to Simon Kingston.