2007 NARSEC Workshop
(North American Network for Remote Sensing Park Ecological Condition)
March 6-8, 2007, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Agenda Only (44 KB .pdf)
- Full meeting report (2 MB .pdf)
- Meeting Handout Package (4.5 MB .pdf) - a single pdf file with the agenda, meeting objectives, background papers on NPS I&M and PCA EI Monitoring, breakout group charges, oral presentation and poster abstracts, biographies of oral presenters, and poster abstracts .
- Meeting Introduction - Cihlar, J. (114 KB .pdf).
- NPS Vital Sign Monitoring, Remote Sensing, and the Path to Thresholds and Assessment Points - Gross, J.E. (2.8 MB .pdf).
- EI Monitoring in Canada's National Parks - Use of Remote Sensing Data - McLennan, D. (1.5 MB .pdf).
Theme 1 - Remote sensing for monitoring land surface change in parks.
- Click here to download all intro and Theme 1 presentations in a single file. (46.6 MB .zip)
- Land Cover Change Protocol Developed For A Park Ecological Integrity Observing System (Park-EIOS) Fraser, R. (3.2 MB .pdf).
- Observing and Modeling Land Use Change and its Ecological Implications in the Mid-Atlantic and New England - Goetz, S. (8.8 MB .pdf).
- Multi-Resolution Land Characterization Consortium (MRLC) Products - Homer, C. (9.8 MB .pdf).
- The Proposed North American Land Change Monitoring System - Homer, C. (7.0 MB .pdf).
- Status of the Landsat Data Continuity Mission and Related Activities Irons, J. (1.0 MB .pdf).
- Challenges and Successes in Developing Landsat-based Monitoring Protocols for National Parks - Kennedy, R.E. (7.0 MB .pdf).
Theme 2 - Landscape pattern and biodiversity
- Click here to dowload all Theme 2 presentations in a single file (37.4 MB .zip).
- Modeling focal species distributions using RS inputs - Kerr, J. (3.9 MB .pdf).
- Multi-scale Assessment of Biodiversity in Mexico - New Approaches to a National Gap Analysis Kolb, M. (6.1 MB .pdf).
- Evaluating Landscape Connectivity in an Eastern US Network of Parks - Lookingbill, T. (6.1 MB .pdf).
- FragCube - Using Ecologically Scaled Landscape Indices for Monitoring Landscape Pattern in Canada's National ParksQuirouette, J., and P. Zorn. (2.7 MB .pdf).
- Remote Sensing Based Products Applicable to National Park Monitoring in México - Ressel, R. (6.9 MB .pdf).
- Landscape-scale Indicators of Protected Area Quality and Effectiveness - Rothley, K. (908 KB .pdf).
- Measuring Landscape Dynamics for Park Resources - Theobald, D. (6.7 MB .pdf).
Theme 3 - Desired conditions for protected landscapes
- Click here to download all Day 3 presentations in a single file (3.8 MB .zip).
- NARSEC 2007 Follow-On - Cihlar, J. (118 KB .pdf).
- On Thresholds and Assessment Points: Making Sense Out of Data - Gross, J. E. (1.86 MB .pdf).
- State of Protected Heritage Area Report - McCanny, S. (175 KB .pdf).
- EI Monitoring in Canada's National Parks Landscape -Targets, Thresholds and EI Assessment - McLennan, D. (22.6 MB .pdf).
- Landscape Pattern: Targets and Thresholds - Zorn, P. (1.60 MB .pdf).
- Parameters of Detecting Animals - Bergen, S. (736 KB .pdf).
- Free Satellite Images for Busy People or the Technologically Disinterested - Geller, G. (179 KB .pdf).
- Katmai National Park and Preserve Landcover Mapping Project - Grunblatt, J. (5.85 MB .pdf).
- IKONOS High Resolution Imagery - Grunblatt, J. (2.4 MB .pdf).
- Proactive Gazing Management in the Valles Caldera National Preserve Using Internet Mapping Services and Remotel Sensed Forecast Models Montano, E. (2.58 MB .pdf).
- Remote Sensing of Terrestrial and SubMerged Aquatic Vegetation in Fire Island National Seashore: Towards Long Term Monitoring - Wang, Y.Q. (5.50 MB .pdf).
- Modeling wood turtle (Clemmys insculpta ) distributions in La Mauricie National Park Young, E. (185 KB .pdf).