Parks in this Network
Environmental Contaminants Monitoring
Parks monitored: Glacier Bay, Klondike Gold Rush, Sitka
Protocol under development - contents subject to change.
The SEAN's environmental contaminants vital sign program monitors the following:
- Airborne elemental contaminant concentrations in lichen tissue, resampled every five years.
- Freshwater mercury concentration in riverine Dolly Varden fish, resampled every five years.
- Marine contaminant concentration of trace metals, PAHs, PCBs, and other organic compounds in bay mussels, resampled every two years.
Please select from the components on the left.
Deliverables Produced for this Vital Sign
The following information products are maintained by this monitoring program. Full details are available in chapter 4 of the monitoring protocols. All these products are accepted as meeting the mandatory quality specifications detailed in the protocols.
|EC_A||Lichen field collection sheets.|
|EC_B||Lichen tissue elemental analysis results.|
|EC_C||Dolly Varden field collection sheets.|
|EC_D||Dolly Varden tissue mercury analysis results.|
|EC_E||Dolly Varden tissue mercury analysis technical report.|
|EC_F||Bay mussel field collection sheets.|
|EC_G||Bay mussel tissue contaminants analysis technical report.|
|EC_H||Periodic NRDS report.|
- Lichen field collection sheets
- Lichen tissue elemental analysis results
- Dolly Varden field collection sheets
- Dolly Varden tissue mercury results
- Dolly Varden tissue mercury analysis technical report
- Bay mussel field collection sheets
- Bay mussel tissue contaminants analysis report
- Periodic NRDS report
- Protocol package